What are webhooks/triggers/rules that can be set up in the Merchant Portal and why are they relevant for the me as a merchant?
- A webhook is basically automated information that is shared between systems or is included in a message (email).
- These are initiated by triggers you can set up, i.e. an event/something happening (normal triggers include ‘after a refund’, ‘after a failed payment’, ‘after a successful payment’, etc.)
- For example: You can set up a webhook for whenever a payment has been refunded for an email to be sent to you or the email address used by the payee.
- You can also set up rules (you would normally combine these with payment templates), like for when a consumer is paying using Nordea Connect and enters Nordea Connect via a host window the system will offer different payment methods than it otherwise would.
- For example: If you have card, invoice and Swish as payment options, you can set up a rule for if the amount is above 5000 SEK, invoice will not be displayed as an available option.